Thursday, November 8, 2007

18 Month Check Up Issues


Yesterday Xaelen visited the Dr. to have his wellbaby visit. Usually, everything is peachy keen and we go about our business. This particular visit was less than stellar. First they checked his weight and height. He is now 32.5 inches tall (50th Percentile) and 23 lbs (10th Percentile). Here's the issue, he was 23.5 lbs at his 15 month check up. He actually lost weight. How is it possible that this chubby cheeky monkey is losing weight?!?! I am guessing this might have something to do with the amount of exercise this kid is getting. Adazm takes him to the disc golf course daily and there is usually no stroller involved. That would be easily 1-2 miles of walking during their 1.5 hour visit to the course. Not to mention the visits to the zoo, the swimming time, the running around in circles for no good reason time.

The other thing the doctor brought up was a potential heart murmur that she is hearing. How come they never noticed it before? I was told to call Children's Hospital Cardiology department and schedule an appointment. I called. Left a message. Waiting for a call back.
I am hopeful that this is just a precaution and everything will be just fine. I hope. I hope. I hope.
On a lighter note, Xaelen is a talking machine. He repeats everything he hears. He even tried repeating the words from a song on the radio - "Don't bring me down... down down down down down.. " So cute! I'll try and post viedeo of his chatter as soon as I figure out how.

1 comment:

LauraC said...

Ask Moxie has a post today with the WHO's growth charts for breastfed babies, including toddlers. That might be good info to take to the doctor!

My little family

My little family
Mama bear, Papa bear & Xaelen bear

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
I'm gLobey, also known as Rita, also known as Mama. I'm a married mother of two awesome boys named Xaelen (age 3) and Quillan (9 months). They are super cute! My other half is Adazm, he's quite cute too.

My Blog List