Monday, November 12, 2007

I've been thinking about New Year's resolutions lately. Not really sure why, considering it's only November, but thinking about them none-the-less. I've been starting to compile a list of things I would like to resolve to do come 2008. Here's my list so far.

1) Take better care of my skin, teeth & bones. Nothing shows one's age more than those 3 things. So in order to accomplish that, I'm going to floss more, use more sunscreen and work on my posture.

2) Teach by example. There is nothing worse than a parent preaching some concept to their kid, only to turn around and do the same thing they're preaching against. Welcome to my childhood.

3) Nurture my marriage. Sometimes the people you love the most get taken for granted. Or maybe that's just me that does that. Either way, it's time to nurture the relationship that means so much to me.

4) Read outside of my box. In college, I read textbooks. When I was pregnant, I read childbirth books. When I became a mom, I read parenting books. I've always been rather utilitarian with my reading, perhaps it's time for a good novel!

5) Work on my vegetable garden. We've been in our house for 4 years now, and every year I intend to get my garden going, and every year I wind up with just radishes and tomatoes. I really need to plant all the other seeds I have saved up.

6) Have the floor redone in our house. We keep putting it off, but it's really time. Hardwood in the dining room, living room & hallway. Cork flooring in the family room. Still haven't decided what the kid(s) room should have.

7) Go away for a vacation, without Xaelen. As of yet, we haven't left Xaelen with anyone overnight. Jamaica is really calling my name. Perhaps for our 5 year wedding anniversary in January.

8) Have Xaelen sleep in his room, by himself, the whole night, without waking. Is this possible? I really really really need this to be possible.

I'll keep adding to this list as more ideas develop.

No comments:

My little family

My little family
Mama bear, Papa bear & Xaelen bear

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
I'm gLobey, also known as Rita, also known as Mama. I'm a married mother of two awesome boys named Xaelen (age 3) and Quillan (9 months). They are super cute! My other half is Adazm, he's quite cute too.

My Blog List