Thursday, May 7, 2009

The news clip

Let me first start out by saying what a joke it is trying to get a snippet of news somehow transmitted to you. The actual news station contracts out to a third party who deals with providing people with news clips via CD, DVD, VHS, etc. Would someone like to guess how much that costs? $35 is the cheapest way - VHS tape. Now, why on earth would I want a VHS tape of a 42 second clip, I have no idea. So I suggested to the 3rd party, how about you just email me the 42 second clip. Guess how much that costs - $70. For an AVI file. I've never heard of such insanity in all of my life.

So, as it stands, I decided to go the cheapskate route. Forgive me. But there is no way in this or any other world I would pay $70 for an emailed 42 second clip. No thank you. What you are viewing is Adam pointing our little video camera at our 10 foot TV screen we have in our den. Hopefully, nobody minds?

2 comments:

LauraC said...

How cute cute cute!!

Stacey said...

That's amazing! How neat.

My little family

My little family
Mama bear, Papa bear & Xaelen bear

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
I'm gLobey, also known as Rita, also known as Mama. I'm a married mother of two awesome boys named Xaelen (age 3) and Quillan (9 months). They are super cute! My other half is Adazm, he's quite cute too.

My Blog List