Thursday, June 26, 2008

Today is the day

I'm heading over to the hospital today to have my External Cephalic Version preformed. I have people asking me if I'm nervous, and in all honesty - I'm not. But given all the people that keep asking, it's starting to make me nervous!

As my chiropractor, Dr. Mawer, told me - this procedure is normally rather painful. In fact, he said that he doesn't recommend any of his patients have one of these, EXCEPT if they are having it with Dr. Biter - my wonderful OB. Apparently Dr. Biter is so incredibly gentle and deft with his touch, that Dr. Mawer fully supports all versions preformed by him. I truly feel like I'm in good hands.

I'm going to go see Dr. Mawer today and have one last adjustment before heading over to the hospital to start the ECV. So I guess today is the day. It either IS or ISN'T going to happen. And then I can at least start coming to terms with what this birth will be like.

I've been in such limbo the last few months. I've been so gung-ho VBAC, and this breech thing doesn't quite play in to my plans. It's been hard for me to even focus on having this VBAC because I have visions of c-sections playing in my head. Once I have some sort of closure one way or another, I can just move on and be at peace with what is in store for me. If we're having a c-section - then so be it.

I have made one decision in regards to the c-section. If I'm having one, I'm letting it happen on OUR time. We will go in to labor first rather than just scheduling a c-section. I don't want to arbitrarily pick some date as his birthdate. I would rather let nature, my body and my son decide when it's right time to enter this world.

So now I just sit and wait.

4:30pm is just around the corner.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Good luck with the Version. I've heard that they can be pretty unpleasant. But, if your Chiro thinks highly of your doctor, then that's a very good sign.

Maria said...

Rita-
I've been thou and inking a lot about yyour sweet baby boy and hoping he turns for you. I will be thinking somersaults for you this afternoon.

LauraC said...

GOOD LUCK! And I hope you do find peace with it.

I was so tired of thinking about whether or not I would end up with a c-section, that when my last u/s showed Nate was bigger and breech, I was so RELIEVED to know the decision was over and I would have a c-section. I just had no idea it was going to happen right then!! But all those worries disappeared immediately.

My little family

My little family
Mama bear, Papa bear & Xaelen bear

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
I'm gLobey, also known as Rita, also known as Mama. I'm a married mother of two awesome boys named Xaelen (age 3) and Quillan (9 months). They are super cute! My other half is Adazm, he's quite cute too.

My Blog List