Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Past Due

Well.
I'm officially past due now.
I've never been in this position before. Xaelen was a week early, so this being past due business is a new thing for me. I'm trying really hard to not think of myself as broken. I know that pregnancies can go longer than 40 weeks and it's just a guess date, not a due date anyhow. But that still doesn't stop me from wondering what's the holdup!

Come on out baby!

Mommy truly can not get any bigger. If I did, I'd pop. Seriously.

I'd post a picture, but I really don't want to frighten anyone that knows me :) I have got a gigantically large belly happening here. I gained 29 pounds with Xaelen. I'm almost afraid to say what I gained this time. Ah screw it. I'll share.

45 lbs.

That's a whole lot of Rita!

The good news, if you see me from the back, I don't really look pregnant. I'm all belly and boobs. Although my face is much rounder too.. But whatever. That's where nursing comes in! I figure nursing will once again prevail in helping me shed all the weight in 6 to 8 weeks like last time.

Now if I could just find something to help pass the time while waiting. So far, my trips to Target, Costco, Lowes & Ikea are just eating away in to my maternity leave savings and disability pay. But man am I getting some good deals!

7 comments:

LauraC said...

Please post a picture! I'm sure you think you look horrible but it is so wonderful to have those pictures later. I can't wait to show Nate and Alex so they can really appreciate how huge I got!

Joanna said...

Rita - I've BTDT. It sucks. A lot. I mean really bad. But, it also means that something could happen any second, you never know. Take a nice long walk, eat some fresh pineapple, and cry every so often. That's what I did.

posthipchick said...

I really hope being late doesn't mean being broken, or I am one shattered woman (being two weeks late, and even THEN being induced)!

I gained 40 lbs. with O. You'll be fine.

Sandra said...

I feel for you! I was very huge! I didn't even post on the July board because of it. I gained 57 pounds this time around, but delivered 2 weeks ago-early. I hope that you deliver soon! Nursing has helped, but I'm tired. Enjoy your last bit of rest!!!!

Karen said...

I second Laura! I would love to see a picture too. I hope that it's not too much longer.

Anonymous said...

Please post a pic!! I'm sure you look beautiful! You have a baby in there, so it's ok to gain weight silly! I went WAY past my due date with Zoey, so I know what you are going through. Hang in there and he'll be here before you know it! Good luck! :)

DesiDVM said...

OMG Rita, I know your pain. J was TEN DAYS OVERDUE (yeah, he's supposed to be an April baby!) and we still had to evict him with Pitocin. We tried everything...castor oil, jumping off the bottom steps, DTD, running, you name it, stripping the membranes...you get so desparate when you're at the finish line LOL. Hang in there! At least since you're home you have an excuse to post an update every day for those of us who are checking!

BTW back atcha w/the award, check out my blog...

My little family

My little family
Mama bear, Papa bear & Xaelen bear

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
I'm gLobey, also known as Rita, also known as Mama. I'm a married mother of two awesome boys named Xaelen (age 3) and Quillan (9 months). They are super cute! My other half is Adazm, he's quite cute too.

My Blog List