Monday, July 14, 2008

Shouldn't I be done by now?

I know, I know... I'm kind of asking for a lot. I'm technically not due for another 7 days, but I'm getting all anxious and stressed that I wish the time was here already! I guess it's the not knowing WHEN it will all start that freaks me out the most.

It could be today.

It could be tomorrow.

It could be a week from now.

It could be at night.

It could be during the day.

Argh! All the whatifs are driving me BATTY!

On the other hand, I'm SOOOO not ready to have a baby! I'm nervous!

I'm nervous about labor.
I'm nervous about delivery.
I'm nervous about recovery.
I'm nervous about the part where you actually have to take the baby home!
The more I think about it, the more freaked out I get.

So. Either way, I'm freaked out.
And I can't sleep.
Which freaks me out more, because I truly need the rest!

Where is the nearest rock I can hide under?

4 comments:

Maria said...

Rita-
I know it is hard to stay calm and positive, but try and focus on the smell of his sweet head when you have him in your arms. Your recovery will be much shorter this time after your vbac. Good luck, he'll be here soon.

Joanna said...

Oh Rita, I see you've entered the stage of not wanting everything that you do want. I hope it goes quickly for you.

DesiDVM said...

Rita -- I loved this part and hated it. It's like Christmas Eve, with the best present in the world -- it's so exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time. Maybe just try to meditate alot...and get a massage, that always helped me LOL.

Anonymous said...

I had to LOL when I read this blog! Not because I think it's funny, its just because I remember being 9+ months pregnant going through the same thing! Hang in there, try to relax, and he'll be here before you know it!

My little family

My little family
Mama bear, Papa bear & Xaelen bear

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
I'm gLobey, also known as Rita, also known as Mama. I'm a married mother of two awesome boys named Xaelen (age 3) and Quillan (9 months). They are super cute! My other half is Adazm, he's quite cute too.

My Blog List